June 15, 2017
At the Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce, we don’t make products; we make things happen. Incorporated in 1999, the Chesterfield Chamber started with a small group of business owners who felt underrepresented in the local government. The Chesterfield Chamber has a legacy of protecting and strengthening the local economy through advocacy, education, professional development, and a powerful network. Today, with the force of more than 500 members representing nearly 20,000 professionals, the Chesterfield Chamber is one of the top business associations in Central Virginia and in growth mode. The Board of Directors is seeking its next President/CEO to continue moving the organization forward.
Chesterfield County Chamber of Commerce
The Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce is seeking a new President who will serve as a community leader and ambassador for the business community of Chesterfield County.
The President is the chief executive and administrative officer for the Chamber. He/She is expected to provide visionary leadership for the Chesterfield Chamber and the community it serves. This position is responsible to the Board of Directors for the full range of activities needed to ensure the Chamber’s success in meeting its objectives in business, economic, and community development.
In accordance with the Chamber bylaws, policies and procedures, and strategic plan adopted by the Board of Directors, the President shall:
- Increase the membership base and diversity of membership by incorporating a diverse membership compiled of members at different membership levels. These members will range from solo entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 corporations.
- Continue to improve member experience through various networking, professional development, & community events.
- Lead the Chamber’s efforts to develop relationships with key workforce development stakeholders that serve the county
- Work together with staff, volunteers, & the board of directors to meet budget goals. Monitor revenue streams and adjust fundraising efforts as needed.
- In conjunction with the Government Affairs Committee and Executive committee, identifies priority public policy issues and positions and leads in shaping and advancing the Chamber’s legislative and political agenda.
- Serve as a community leader through representation of the Chamber on a regional platform with other Chamber organizations, members, & elected officials.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
The President must have a unique combination of personal and professional qualifications, skills, and experience including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years non-profit experience with a chamber or business advocacy organization, including at least 2 years in a leadership position.
- Successful track record of engaging, partnering and building alliances with a wide range of constituencies and influencers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a confident public speaker
- Proficient with technology tools, social media, and industry specific tools
- A track record as a proactive advocate for an organization; working knowledge of legislative and political process and environments.
- Experience managing diverse relationships
This position offers competitive compensation as well as a competitive benefits package
To apply: Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com attention: Search Committee.